Vietnam E Visa is an electronic visa system that allows foreign travelers to apply and obtain their visa to enter Vietnam online. This convenient and efficient process eliminates the need for traditional paper-based applications and visits to embassies or consulates. The Vietnam E Visa is available for various purposes such as tourism, business, and visiting relatives. Applicants are required to complete an online application form, provide essential personal and travel information, and make the necessary payment.
What is a Vietnam E Visa?
Vietnam E Visa is an electronic visa that allows travelers to enter the country of Vietnam for tourism, business or transit purposes. It is a type of visa that can be applied and obtained through an online system, without the need to visit the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in person.
The Vietnam E Visa was first introduced in 2017 by the Vietnamese government as part of its efforts to modernize its immigration system and attract more foreign visitors to the country. It is currently available to citizens of over 80 countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
To apply for a Vietnam E Visa, applicants must complete an online application form and provide certain personal information such as their name, passport number, nationality, date of birth, and intended date of arrival. They must also upload a scanned copy of their passport’s bio page, as well as a recent passport-style photograph.
Overall, the Vietnam E Visa is a convenient and efficient way for eligible travelers to enter Vietnam without the need for a physical visa sticker or stamp. It is important to follow all application requirements and guidelines to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
Vietnam is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Southeast Asia, known for its rich culture, beautiful landscapes, and delicious food. If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, you will need a visa to enter the country. Fortunately, Vietnam offers an E-Visa program that allows travelers to apply for a visa online. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of applying for a Vietnam E-Visa.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Before you start your application, you should check whether you are eligible for a Vietnam E-Visa. The following countries are eligible for the Vietnam E-Visa program:
- China (including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders)
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
If your country is not on this list, you will need to apply for a visa through the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country.
Step 2: Prepare your documents
To apply for a Vietnam E-Visa, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Vietnam
- A digital passport photo (at least 640×480 pixels in size)
- A credit or debit card for payment
Step 3: Fill out the application form
Once you have checked your eligibility and prepared your documents, you can proceed to fill out the application form on the Vietnam E-Visa website. The application form will ask for the following information:
- Your personal details (name, date of birth, nationality, etc.)
- Your passport details (passport number, expiration date, etc.)
- Your travel details (date of arrival, port of entry, etc.)
- Your email address
- Your credit or debit card details for payment
Make sure to double-check all the information before submitting the application form.
Step 4: Pay the processing fee
After submitting the application form, you will be directed to a payment page where you can pay the processing fee. The fee is $25 for a single-entry visa and $50 for a multiple-entry visa. You can pay using a credit or debit card.
Step 5: Receive your E-Visa
Once your application and payment have been processed, you will receive your E-Visa via email within 3 business days. Make sure to print out the E-Visa and carry it with you when you travel to Vietnam. You will need to present it at the immigration checkpoint when you arrive in the country.
In conclusion, applying for a Vietnam E-Visa is a straightforward process that can be completed online in just a few steps. By following the above steps, you can ensure that your application is successful and that you have all the necessary documentation to enter Vietnam.
Vietnam E Visa requirements
Vietnam is a popular destination for tourism and business travelers. It is mandatory for nationals of some countries to obtain a visa before arriving in Vietnam. Fortunately, Vietnam provides an electronic visa, also known as E-visa, to eligible foreigners, making it easier and faster to obtain a Vietnam visa.
Here are the Vietnam E-visa requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Currently, there are 80 countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for an E-visa to Vietnam. You must be a citizen of one of these countries to apply. The list of eligible countries includes the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and many more.
- Passport validity: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Vietnam. Additionally, your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Personal details: When applying for an E-visa, you will need to provide personal information such as your full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number.
- Photo: A recent passport-style photo of yourself is required when applying for an E-visa. The photo should be taken against a white background and meet the standard photo requirements.
- Purpose of Visiting: You need to state the purpose of your visit to Vietnam while applying for an E-visa, such as tourism, business, or transit.
- Entry and Exit Dates: You must provide your expected entry and exit dates when applying for an E-visa. The maximum length of stay on an E-visa is 30 days.
- Payment: Payment is required to process your E-visa application. Currently, the fee for a Vietnam E-visa is $25, which is non-refundable.
- Email Address: When submitting your application, you must provide a valid email address. The Vietnamese immigration authorities will use this email address to communicate with you regarding your visa application.
- Travel Itinerary: You do not need to provide a travel itinerary when applying for an E-visa, but it is recommended to have one in case the immigration authorities ask for it at the port of entry.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents and information, you can apply for your Vietnam E-visa online through the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website. It usually takes three business days to process an E-visa application, and you will receive the visa via email.
In summary, to apply for a Vietnam E-visa, make sure you are from an eligible country, have a valid passport with at least six months validity, provide your personal details and photo, state the purpose of your visit, provide expected entry and exit dates, pay the fee, provide a valid email address, and have a travel itinerary if possible.
Processing time for a Vietnam E Visa
Vietnam E Visa is an electronic visa that allows foreign nationals to enter Vietnam for travel, business, or other activities. It is a convenient and easy way to obtain a visa, as the application process takes place online, eliminating the need to visit a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
The processing time for a Vietnam E Visa depends on several factors, including the nationality of the applicant and the purpose of their visit. Generally, the processing time ranges from 2 to 7 working days, with most applications being processed within 3 working days.
To apply for a Vietnam E Visa, applicants must fill out an online application form providing personal details such as name, date of birth, passport information, and travel plans. Additionally, applicants are required to upload a scanned copy of their passport and a passport-sized photograph.
In conclusion, the processing time for a Vietnam E Visa can vary depending on several factors. However, by submitting a complete and accurate application, applicants can ensure a smooth and efficient processing experience.
Vietnam E Visa extension
To extend your Vietnam e-visa, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the Vietnam Immigration Department website
The first step in extending your Vietnam e-visa is to visit the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. On the homepage, click on the “Online application” tab.
Step 2: Fill out the application form
Select “Extension of Temporary Residence” and fill out the application form. You will need to provide your passport details, e-visa details, purpose of extension, and duration of extension.
Step 3: Submit the Application
After filling out the application form, click on the “Submit” button. The immigration department will review your application and send you a notification about the status of your application.
Step 4: Pay the Fee
If your application is approved, you will be required to pay the extension fee. You can pay the fee online using your credit card or through bank transfer.
Step 5: Receive Your Extended E-Visa
Once you have paid the fee, you will receive your extended e-visa via email. You must print out the new visa and present it along with your original passport at the immigration checkpoint upon arrival in Vietnam.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Vietnam E-Visa Extension?
To be eligible for a Vietnam e-visa extension, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your e-visa should not have expired.
- You must have a valid reason for extending your stay in Vietnam, such as medical treatment, business purposes, or tourism.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself during your extended stay in Vietnam.
- You must not have violated any laws or regulations while staying in Vietnam.
Extending your Vietnam e-visa is a relatively straightforward process if you meet the eligibility requirements. However, it is important to plan your stay in advance and apply for an extension before your e-visa expires. If you overstay your visa, you may face fines, deportation, or other legal consequences. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for an extension well in advance to avoid any problems during your stay in Vietnam.